MCS Microsystems Sdn Bhd began when the founders recognized the need by national governments for a means of secure identification and verification for its citizens. An operation system that could compress, encrypt and store vast amount of data to a limited space of a microchip was developed.
MCS was incorporated in 1999 as a software development house for:
- Smart card operating system solutions with interoperability specifications and features.
- Reader/terminal development.
- Biometrics solutions including encryption and compression technologies for smart card applications.
- Biometrics solutions
- Radio Frequency transmission of data.
- Providing enabling technologies in personalization, key injection system with the secure hardware interfaces to third party Certification Authority.
- Network security.
- Development of a low cost chip for asset identification.
We obtained the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status in September 1999 and are located at Technology Park Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.